Our whole family looks forward to these delicious, amazing slow-roast cooker BBQ beef sandwiches!!! They really are SOOO good!! We think toasting the bun and the swiss cheese set this sandwich apart! We love it cause this dish can be made at least 4 hrs ahead of time, which means more time to get done what we need to!! We crave them all year round.
During March we watch a lot of sports because of the men in our lives……….and these little sandwiches make the perfect “MARCH MADNESS” meal that everyone enjoys! Perfect for a lazy weekend at home!!
Give these amazing slow-roast cooker BBQ beef sandwiches a try at your next gathering! They won’t disappoint!
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (3-pound) boneless beef shoulder or chuck roast
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- ½ cup cider vinegar
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- ½ medium yellow onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1½ teaspoons dried thyme
- 6 to 8 hamburger buns
- Butter (optional)
- 6 to 8 slices Swiss cheese (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees.
- Heat the oil in a Dutch oven or large pot over medium-high heat and brown the meat well, turning often, about 15 minutes. In a bowl combine the barbecue sauce, vinegar, broth, sugar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, onion, garlic and thyme. Pour over the meat and bring to a boil. Cover tightly with a lid or aluminum foil and roast in the oven for 3 to 4 hours. Remove the meat and shred it with a fork. Return the meat to the pot and keep warm.
- Butter the hamburger buns, if desired, and broil them until they are barely brown around the edges. Place one slice of Swiss cheese, if using, on the bottom bun and place under the broiler just until the cheese has melted.
- Fill the buns with the meat and serve.