This chicken is moist and delicious. Another great option, really quick and inexpensive too! I hope you all enjoy your Father’s Day weekend!
BBQ APRICOT CHICKEN THIGHS
- 6 Chicken thighs, remove skin f desired
- Coarse salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 3⁄4 cup apricot preserves
- 1⁄3 cup plus one Tablespoon
- soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- With a wet paper towel wipe off the chicken thighs. Sprinkle lightly with coarse salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- In a food processor or blender place the fresh ginger, apricot preserves, soy sauce, water and red pepper flakes. Puree. Save out 1⁄2 cup sauce. Pour the rest into a bowl.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat. Oil the grill by folding up a paper towel and drizzle it with
- olive oil and running it over the grate with your tongs.
- Place the chicken thighs on the hot grill. Let them grill for 5 min. Turn. Grill for 5 more min. Turn. Turn every 5 min. for 15 min. Then brush the thighs heavily with the sauce turning after 5 min., brush with sauce again. Finish grilling the last 5 min. adding on no sauce. Serve with extra sauce at room temperature.