Summer is here!!!! This salad is so delicious. It’s a great option for Grill Night. My daughter-in-law made it for us one summer day. It was perfect. You can pair it with my grilled herb bread to make a fabulous meal!
BBQ CHICKEN SALAD
- 4 small boneless/skinless chicken breasts, grilled and sliced
- Coarse salt
- Fresh ground black pepper 1⁄2 cup BBQ Sauce, plus additional for adding to the salad (your favorite kind)
- 6 cups Romaine lettuce, sliced or torn
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 cup corn, (fresh or frozen), cooked
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Ranch Dressing
- 1 lime, cut into wedges Tortilla strips for topping
- With a wet paper towel wipe off the chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Turn the grill to medium high heat.
- Oil the grate. Take a paper towel and fold it into a square. Drizzle with oil, using your tongs run it over the top of the grate. Grill the chicken 4-6 min. per side, basting the chicken with BBQ sauce as you go. Let the chicken cool a bit and slice.
- In a medium size bowl combine the lettuce, tomato, corn, black beans, avocado, cilantro and ranch dressing. Mix. Add in the warm sliced chicken and more BBQ sauce, to your liking. Squeeze lime juice onto the salad and top with Tortilla Strips. Serve.
- Serve with: Grilled Garlic Parmesan Bread page 173.