If you want a meal that you’ll feel like you are in a 5-star restaurant, then this is for you!
Honestly, this meal is really not that much effort and is sooooo impressive! This has candlelight dinner written all over it :)! It is easy to make for a crowd too because you can plan ahead and even freeze the breasts if you wanted and cook them later. Serve this with baked potatoes, rice, quinoa, or fettuccine noodles! I bet you’ll love it.
- 2 large boneless/skinless chicken breasts
- 4 Tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- Garlic salt to taste
- Lemon pepper to taste
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- ¾ cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- ½ cup fresh breadcrumbs (1 slice sandwich bread)
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- Pound the chicken breasts between 2 plastic bags with a mallet- as flat as they can go without tearing so you can easily roll them up.
- Lay them out on wax paper. "Frost" each piece of chicken with 2 tablespoons softened cream cheese. Sprinkle with garlic salt and lemon pepper to taste.
- Place the spinach leaves in a single layer on top of the cream cheese. Sprinkle on half the mozzarella cheese. Roll up very tightly. At this point you could roll in plastic wrap and keep in refrigerator until ready to complete the dinner, or even freeze up to a week. If frozen, thaw before baking.
- Place on small baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle with remaining grated cheese.
- Mix bread crumbs with melted butter and sprinkle over the chicken.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 45 minutes or until the juice runs clear.
- Let rest 10 minutes. Slice in 1 inch pieces to serve.