This chicken noodle soup is for all you CROCKPOT LOVERS!!!!
The slow cooker can be a lifesaver for all of us. Sometimes it is the difference between getting a meal on the table and not. This is a light chicken noodle soup that is perfect for an afternoon meal on a lazy day! If you or your kids are feeling sick… this is a must! Add this to your next two week meal plan. Is dinnertime stressful for you? Don’t get discouraged! I have a plan and it WORKS!!!! My cookbooks give you all the tools you need, but only if you are willing to give it a try! xoxoxo
- 4 small chicken breast
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 2 cups frozen peas (optional)
- Put the onion, carrots, celery, parsley flakes, salt, basil, pepper, and thyme in a large slow cooker. Place the chicken pieces on top. Add water to cover. Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on low heat 8 to 10 hours or on high heat 4 to 6 hours.
- Thirty to 60 minutes before serving, remove the chicken pieces with tongs. When they are cool enough to handle, remove the skin (if there is any) and tear the meat and shred it. Return the meat to the pot. Add the noodles and cover and cook on high heat for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Just before serving, stir in the peas, it desired, until heated through. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper.