This Fruit Salad is so great because you get a sampling of all the fruits in one bite!
One of my most favorite desserts is fruit salad poured over vanilla ice cream. Or just plain fruit salad. This fruit salad is so great because you get a sampling of all the fruits in one bite. I learned how to make this in Bangkok while visiting my daughter Katie. This is how they do it in Thailand. This is to die for!!!!
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 2 Cups Apples, sliced, salted, then minced
- 2 cups watermelon, seeds removed, minced
- 2 cups fresh pineapple, minced
- 1 cup grapes minced (red or green)
- 1 cup mango minced
- 1 1/2 cups fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 Tablespoons sugar, (optional)
- Fill a medium size bowl with water. Add 2 teaspoons coarse salt. Stir. Wash, core and slice the apples with skins on. Put the sliced apples into the salted water as you slice them. (This keeps the apples from turning brown). Let the apples soak in the water 10 min. Drain. Rinse the apples with clean water, drain well. Mince. Place in a medium size bowl.
- Slice the watermelon into thin slices. remove the black seeds. Mince. Place in bowl with the apples.
- Remove the pineapples skin, slice, rinse with water, then mince. Place in the bowl.
- Wash off the grapes. If the grapes are large, mince. If the grapes are small cut in half, then half again. Place in the bowl.
- Peel the mango. Slice and mince. Place in bowl.
- Squeeze the oranges and make the juice. Pour over the fruit and mix. If the juice is sweet no need to add sugar. If the juice is sour mix 2 Tablespoons sugar with 1 Tablespoon boiling water and add to the juice.
- Mix all the fruit together with the juice, cover with plastic wrap and keep in the refrigerator up to 4 days.