These rolls turn out beautiful made in the muffin tins. They are so delicious as they are beautiful. These will become one of your all-time favorite rolls to make for your family dinners.
Xo, The Food Nanny
In The Food Nanny Rescues Dinner Again page 235
- Plan Ahead: Freeze ahead of time, unthaw and bake.
- 1/4 cup warm water, (105-155 degrees)
- 1 Tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 cup milk, scalded
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 Tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 1/2-4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup), room temperature
- Grated rind of 1 orange
- Stir the water and yeast together in a small bowl. Let it bloom about 10 minute. Scald the milk in the microwave for 1 minute. 45 sec. Let cool to lukewarm. In a large bowl add the sugar, salt, butter, eggs. Stir in the milk and yeast mixture. Add 3 1/2 cups flour and beat with a spoon. (if the dough is still too sticky add the last 1/2 cup flour)
- Place the dough in a large bowl that has been greased with a little butter. Cover with dishtowel. Let dough rise 1 1/2 hours. Pour out onto counter top (lightly flour if necessary) and roll out to about 2 ft. long and 1/4 inch thick.
- Cream together the ingredients for the spread-sugar, butter and grated orange rind. Spread evenly over the dough. Roll like you would for cinnamon rolls, starting from the short end.
- Cut the dough in half and cut 12 rolls from each side. Place in generously greased muffin tins, greased with shortening or baking spray.
- Cover with a dishtowel. Let rise 1 hour 20 min. Place in a preheated 350 degree oven on the middle rack for 15 to 20 mins. or until they start to get light brown on top. Serve warm. Cooled rolls will keep for 2 days in plastic wrap. May freeze.