We are always looking for new side dishes…….especially ways to spice up the same old veggies! This recipe is to die for!!!!
Everyone LOVES this corn that we have perfected over the years! It is rich, but so worth it!! This is no ordinary corn. It’s hard to find the right sides to go with every meal. Give this one a try. I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised:)
- 1 (16-ounce) bag frozen corn, thawed
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or half-and-half
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook the corn according to the package directions and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the flour and cook until bubbly, about 1 minute. Gradually whisk in the cream and milk. Cook, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens and bubbles. Decrease the heat to low and add the sugar, salt, and pepper. Mix in the corn.
- Preheat the broiler to low. Pour the corn mixture into a small greased casserole or baking dish that can go under the broiler. Top with the cheese. Broil until hot and bubbly.