Parmesan-Topped Creamed Corn
Author: The Food Nanny
Serves: 6 servings
- 1 (16-ounce) bag frozen corn, thawed
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ½ cup heavy cream or half-and-half
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground white pepper
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook the corn according to the package directions and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the flour and cook until bubbly, about 1 minute. Gradually whisk in the cream and milk. Cook, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens and bubbles. Decrease the heat to low and add the sugar, salt, and pepper. Mix in the corn.
- Preheat the broiler to low. Pour the corn mixture into a small greased casserole or baking dish that can go under the broiler. Top with the cheese. Broil until hot and bubbly.