You are going to die for this bread!!!! SO GOOD!!
We have been making this family recipe for as long as I can remember!! We absolutely LOVE zucchini bread! What’s not to love?! This is one of our “go to” treats around Christmas especially. We like to make them in the mini loaf pans (just like we do our pumpkin bread) too. Our secret tip is sprinkling cinnamon sugar all around the loaf pan after you have sprayed it with cooking spray. These make such a beautiful neighbor gift! Bake some up tonight and you can thank us later:)
- 2 cups peeled and grated zucchini (about 2 medium)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 2¼ cups sugar
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Spread out the grated zucchini on paper towels to soak up excess moisture.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and generously grease two 9x5x3-inch loaf pans or four mini-loaf pans.
- Sift (or whisk) the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon into a large bowl. Stir in the nuts, if using, Set aside.
- Mix the sugar, eggs, oil, vanilla, and zucchini in a large bowl. Stir in the dry ingredients with a wooden spoon.
- Scrape the batter evenly into the prepared pans and bake the large loaves about 1 hour and 15 minutes, the mini-loaves 25 to 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, but not dry. Do not overtake; the breads should be moist.