We ate this salad a few years ago in Belmont Shore, Calif. We fell in love and made up our own recipe. Your gonna love this Orzo salad as a main dish or side. This is also a fun one to serve your friends for lunch.
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Pasta: 3/4 cup Orzo Pasta cooked
- Sauteed Chicken:
- 1 boneless/skinless Chicken breast chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- Other ingredients:
- 3 Tablespoons shallot or red onion chopped
- 3 Tablespoons fresh dill chopped
- 3 Tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- 6 grape tomatoes cut in half lengthwise
- 1/4 cup Feta cheese crumbled
- 1/2 cup pine nuts or toasted almonds optional
- 1 1/2 cups baby Arugula
In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, fresh lemon juice, salt and fresh ground black pepper. Set aside
Cook the Orzo according to package directions. Drain. Keep warm. Set aside
Wipe off the chicken with a wet paper towel. Chop. Salute the chopped chicken in the olive oil and butter until cooked through about 4 min. Keep warm. Set aside.
In a medium size bowl add: cooked orzo, onion,dill, parsley, tomatoes, cheese, and nuts if using. Mix in the warm chicken and arugula.. Toss with the dressing and serve immediately.
Serve with warm Nann bread or french Baguette.