I prefer chicken inside my Fajitas. With the mix of vegetables, meat, and tortilla these make for a healthful meal. Many of you have kids that are headed back to school in the next week. This is a meal that is quick and easy. Serve with a side of rice or beans. You can even make these meatless and substitute the meat with beans. Keep cooking! xoxoxo
- 10 Taco-size flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts or top sirloin
- 1/2 medium white or yellow onion thinly sliced
- 1 large yellow bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 4 ounces mushrooms quartered
- 1 1.3oz packet fajita seasoning mix
- 1/3 cup water or chicken or beef broth
Preheat the oven to 275 degrees.
Wrap the tortillas in aluminum foil and heat them in the oven for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Slice the meat thinly and add it to the oil along with the onion, bell peppers, and mushrooms. Cook and stir until the vegetables are tender and the meat is cooked through. Mix in the fajitas seasoning. Add the water or broth and simmer until the mixture has cooked down a bit, about 5 minutes.
To serve, place the tortillas on a plate and pass the meat mixture, salsa, cheese, sour cream, avocado, and lime in separate bowls.
TOPPINGS: Salsa, Shredded Cheddar cheese, Sour cream, Sliced avocado, Fresh lime wedges