I hope we have converted most of you to FRIDAY NIGHT PIZZA NIGHT!!!! I loved growing up in a house that ever Friday we celebrated the end of a week with MOM’S famous pizza!!! EVERYONE was welcome. It was amazing how fast she could whip up 10 large pizzas to feed a football team! My dream has always been to have a pizza oven in my home!! This year we were able to build a new home and were lucky enough to get one!!! THE FOOD NANNY NEVER DID so it’s ok if you don’t have a pizza oven!! A regular oven works great!!! If you’re sick of just making pepperoni for the family.. try the BBQ CHICKEN! My family loves it!!!!
BBQ CHICKEN PIZZA
- Basic pizza dough can be found on the blog
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sweet barbecue sauce divided
- 1/4 cup shredded smoked Gouda cheese
- 3 1/2 shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 green bell pepper chopped (optional)
Prepare the pizza dough and place it in an oiled pizza pan and set aside.
Grill or broil the chicken breast until barely done. Cut them into strips or chucks. Mix the chicken with 2 tablespoons of the barbecue sauce.
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
To assemble the pizza, spread the remaining 1 cup of barbecue sauce over the crust. Sprinkle with the Gouda cheese and top with 3 cups of the mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle the chicken and onions over the cheese. Top with the remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese. Bake 10 minutes on the lowest oven rack. Remove pizza from oven and sprinkle with the cilantro. Return to oven and bake until the crust is light brown, 5 to 10 minutes more.
Slice and serve.