This is a great soup to make when you are short on time! Everyone loves it too! There is so much flavor and super satisfying! If you prefer chicken, this soup is delicious with chicken as well. Or this soup can be made meatless too…….just omit the meat and add more beans. Everyone needs a good taco soup “go-to” and this is our favorite one for sure!
BEEF AND BEAN TACO SOUP
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 medium onion diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper diced
- 1 1.2-ounce packet taco seasoning
- 2 15-ounce cans red kidney beans, drained
- 2 15-ounce cans corn, undrained
- 1 2.25-ounce can sliced black olives, undrained
- 2 14.5-ounce cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- Tortilla chips coarsely crushed
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
Brown the meat in a soup pot over medium heat. Add the onions and bell pepper. Cook until the meat is browned and the vegetables are tender. Drain the fat.
Add the taco seasoning, beans, corn, olives, and tomatoes. Simmer, covered, at least 15 minutes or up to 2 hrs to allow flavors to meld.
Serve the soup and pass the chips, cheese and sour cream in separate bowls.