Cranberry Avocado Salsa
Plan Ahead: Can make a day ahead. Add the avocado and cilantro when ready to serve.
- 1 yellow bell pepper blackened
- 1 12 oz. bag cranberries 3 cups fresh
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 small jalapeno seeded and minced optional
- 1 Tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2 ripe avocados halved peeled and diced pitted,
- ⅓ cup cilantro chopped fine
Char or blacken the yellow bell pepper over a gas flame on top of the stove or under a broiler until blackened on all sides. Enclose in a paper or plastic bag for 10 min. Peel, seed and chop pepper. Set aside.
Combine cranberries, sugar and orange juice in processor. Pulse to coarsely chop berries. Transfer to medium bowl and combine with chopped pepper, jalapeno and orange peel. Can be prepared 1 day in advance. Cover and refrigerate. Stir avocados and cilantro into salsa when ready to serve.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve with: Tortilla Chips. Serve it with burritos, tacos or enchiladas.