LIZI’S KAMUT ALL PURPOSE WHITE FLOUR CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- 4 CUPS white Kamut Flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons French Gray Salt from Guerande France
- 2 teaspoons Fleur de sel Salt from Guerande France( for finishing)
- 3 sticks or 1 ½ cups Land O Lakes Butter cold, right out of the refrigerator
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- 3 large eggs (I use Egg-Land’s Best )
- 2 ½ to 3 teaspoons pure vanilla
- 3 cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Parchment Paper
In a medium size bowl stir together the flour, soda and 2 teaspoons of the Gray Salt. Set aside.
Put the cold butter in your Kitchen Aid Mixer and add in the sugars. Beat until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla. Beat about 1 minute.
Slowly spoon in the dry ingredients. Continue to mix as the dry ingredients goes into the mixer, until all ingredients are well combined. Stir in the chocolate chips. Bake immediately.
Line a baking sheet with Parchment paper. Drop Tablespoons of dough onto parchment paper. Sprinkle a tiny bit of Fleur de Sel Salt in the middle of cookie. Bake 8-10 minutes depending on the size of cookie. Remove to a cooling rack. Cool. Freeze in Zip Loc Baggies. Take out one or a few at a time to eat.
Add Walnuts, pecans or coconut along with the chocolate chips.
May use a cookie scoop of choice.