Mexican Hot Chocolate
- 3 Cups Milk (1 or 2 %)
- 2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 8 OZ Trader Joe's Belgium Milk Chocolate (comes in a gold and black wrapper 17.6 oz. block) Use the entire block for a double recipe. Or use any other Milk Choclate
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 Stick Cinnamon (Trader Joe's)
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper or less
- Ground Cinnamon for Sprinkling on top of the whipped cream.
On top of the stove over low to medium heat stir together these ingredients in order given.
Milk, 1 cup cream, Chocolate, Vanilla, Cinnamon Stick, and Cayenne Pepper
Heat until hot. Not boiling, stirring often with a wooden spoon
Turn the heat off, be careful not to scorch the hot chocolate. Keep the heat very low if not turned off.
Whip the second 1 cup of cream with an electric mixer until it starts to thicken. Add 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and sugar to taste, continue beating the cream until its thick but still creamy.
Place the whip cream in a cute bowl, and sprinkle with cinnamon.
Pour the hot chocolate into desired cups. Garnish with whip cream. Add more cinnamon if desired, or let guests put desired amounts of whip cream on their hot chocolate.