It is hard to believe its been a week since Senior Food Nanny headed off on her mission! She is already loving it. I miss her like crazy, but I am so thrilled she gets this opportunity.
Even with her gone, things are just as crazy and eventful as ever! I made some delicious meals, but the highlight was our Anthropologie event. Here are some of our favorite things from this week:
First off, I cannot say enough about this unbelievable event! Kate and Jenn at the City Creek Anthropologie were so wonderful to work with. The best part was meeting some of our beautiful Fannies. I shared our message and we enjoyed some delicious Food Nanny food together.
I just love what I get to do! Inspiring women to cook for their families and to enjoy what they eat is such a privilege. And being able to do what I love at Anthropologie, a store we love, was surreal!
This is what I wore for the night!
- Anthropologie Button-Sleeve Turtleneck: Such a good staple piece for your fall wardrobe!
- Anthropologie Marrakech Marni Leopard Motto Jacket: Isn’t this jacket so much fun? I love it! I cannot wait to wear it all season long.
- Anthropologie Danette Tiered Corduroy Maxi Skirt: Just look at the colors in this skirt! It is even more amazing in person.
Now for the delicious food I made! I decided to keep things simple by doing a couple cheeseboards and cakes.
- Cheeses: If you have a Trader Joes near you, this is the best place to buy the cheese and crackers for a board. They have a huge variety and at the best prices!
- Beer Bread: Have you ever made our beer bread? It is out of this world delicious. Our version of beer bread has the perfect texture and taste. Flaky on the outside, nice and soft on the inside. We love adding it to all our cheeseboards because it goes so well with everything.
- Strawberry butter: This butter is so simple to make, but transforms anything it is added to.
- Almond Cake: Lately, this has become one of my favorite of our cakes. It has such a simple, beautiful flavor.
- Strawberry Cake: Years ago, my mom created this cake. It has sense been one of our favorite and most popular popular recipes. The denseness of the cake combined with the sweet and fluffy frosting is the perfect combination.
It was a perfect night! For the first time, I made an appearance without my mom. I was so nervous! But people showed up to see me. And it turned out to be an incredible event. As always, thank you so much Fannies. We feel so blessed to have the best followers.
What We Made:
Here are a few of our favorite recipes we made this week:
- Sour cream pancakes with orange buttermilk syrup: On Wednesday nights, we love making breakfast for dinner. It is so quick, and the kids love it. These pancakes with the orange syrup makes for a pretty incredible meal!
- Grilled foot long turkey and bacon sandwich with fresh mozzarella: This is such a simple meal that takes no time to put together. I love making our Italian bread first, carving out some of the center, and then loading it with all the toppings. Add our jalapeño cranberry freezer jam, and this basic sandwich becomes anything but basic.
And that’s a wrap for this week! Don’t forget to follow along on instagram!
The Food Nanny!